Monday, January 26, 2009

OUCH!

Poor Toby. Today he was trying to be a great handyman and was fixing our garage door. While I was helping him, he came across one of those "warning-do not remove" tags. I thought he read it, but I guess I was wrong. A few minutes later, while I was inside, I heard a huge crash--I ran to the garage and found him with a bunch of huge cuts on his arm. He found out later that the warning tag said not to tamper with spring (the part that turns and pulls the garage up and down) or any part of the garage door it is attached too because it can cause serious injuries... While the cuts are not bad enough for stitches, it looks like they really hurt. I feel bad for him and I'm very glad it wasn't any worse.

The funny part--When he was wallowing in pain he wondered if he'd still be able to play guitar hero. Well, it sounds like he hasn't had much of a problem there.

So the moral of the story--those warning-do not remove tags are there for a reason...

4 comments:

  1. I think that they'd have to be in a body cast to get these guys away from Guitar Hero. Good thing he didn't get seriously hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't that story surprise me? That sounds just exactly what I would expect from old Toby. We sure miss you guys. Wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just sounds like typical Toby. It's amazing he's still alive after 30 years of stuff like that! I'm glad he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard that "the spring" is a very bad thing. I'm glad he's alright.

    ReplyDelete