Monday, January 19, 2009

I am sick of having sick kids!

So we really haven't had a great start to 2009, medically at least. It's been one thing after the other and I really hope we aren't starting a trend for the new year. It all started with Kylianne and the stye in her eye. I've never had a stye and neither have any of the kids, so naturally I was a bit concerned and took her in. Easy treatment, just eye drops for a few days. A few days later, Kylianne's other eye got really pink and apparently she had pink eye which meant more eye drops.

A few days after that Zaylia's eyes started to get pink and puffy and what do you know. I found out that putting eye drops in a 3 year old's eyes takes some creativity. She decided really quickly that she did not like them at all.

Of course we couldn't stop there and Jazilyn's eyes started to get pink too. More eye drops, which were a lot easier because she could not get away, but she did not like them at all. I felt so bad when she cried because of the drops.

After that, Kylianne's throat started to get sore, and Toby's throat had been bugging him for a few days so I sent them in to the doc (again) for a throat culture, hoping it would be something besides the dreaded virus. (You know when you go to the doc and wait for a hour to be seen in a waiting room full of who knows what kind of germs and then told it's a virus, get lots of rest and fluids, grrrr.) Toby had been gone for a couple hours and I was getting worried so I called and Kylianne was getting a chest x-ray and they were worried she had pneumonia and were talking about admitting her into the hospital!!!!! I felt like a complete failure as a mother, you think I would know if my kid had pneumonia. After the x-ray they said it was borderline bronchiolitis/ pneumonia and we were sent out to get a nebulizer, 3 different prescriptions and told to keep her away from the other kids. After 2 more visits to the the doc, her lungs are clean and the other girls show no signs of breathing problems. So hopefully we stopped that one clean in its tracks.

But that's not all folks--Just last Saturday morning I woke up to find Zaylia had the stomach flu. Then it got passed on to Toby and now poor little Jazilyn has it. I feel so bad for her, poor thing. She is being a sweetheart about it though and still seems relatively happy.

Now I am just really, really, really hoping that doesn't get passed on to Kylianne and I. I sure have been lucky, I feel great and am very happy I haven't caught any of this junk yet. The lack of sleep these last couple weeks, however has been a bit annoying.

So for now I have the kids on quarantine, nothing in nothing out.

Here's to hoping we can get healthy and hoping all of you out there in cyberland haven't caught this junk.....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a night off. As soon as the kids are off quarantine (or before if you can convince Toby). We are doing a girls night. I'll get Angie and Tammy out here too. No arguing, just say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys really have had a rough start to 2009. I hope that you all get healthy soon! Let me know if you need anything. I don't think we're that far away from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becky! I am so sorry for all the sickness and oh that nightlight! It is so hard to be a mom sometimes. How do we do it some days? Let me know if you need anything. I need a girls night. Soon! Have a good day...I mean a better one.

    ReplyDelete