Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cabela's adventure



Toby had Monday off and we needed to get out of the house and do something. I feel like I have been cooped up way too long, what with Kylianne's pneumonia, Zaylia's pink eye and all the snow. It was a nice driving day, so we packed up the kids and drove to Cabela's.

Now I love the outdoors and enjoy camping and fishing every year, but have never really felt the need to visit Cabela's. We have a few different sports stores around us and I thought -- do we really need to drive 130 miles just to see a store??? I guess I was wrong. It was AMAZING. Seriously, I had NO idea or we definitely would have visited earlier.

I assumed we would see a few stuffed deer heads and at most maybe an elk or moose, but there was tons of full sized stuffed deer, elk, moose, bears, goats, lions, etc. and even a Zebra (which was Kylianne's favorite, we had to go back and see it a few times.) The full wall aquarium with huge fish was also a hit with me and the kids. I would just love to catch one that big someday!

We also enjoyed a very yummy meal and I bought a cute new beanie and Toby got a few items for future fishing and camping trips.

There were so many amazing little details, I'm sure we could have stayed much longer if we could have and we were there for over 5 hours. All in all, I was very impressed. We had a lot of fun and the kids were entertained. It was a great way to spend a cold winter day.

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world! It's great to see what you guys are up to. Check ours out at www.iowahodsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you started blogging. I just started a blog last week and it is fun to catch up with people that way. Send me an email with your email and I will send you an invitation to our blog. I'll add a link to your blog from mine. Cute pictures of the girls! I've never been to Cabellas...I didn't know it was like that, wow!! my email is jbkfullmer@gmail.com
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm going to have fun in Baja reading everyone's "blogs". How creative you all are! I hope everyone is feeling better. We sure had a good time at your house. thx!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your kids! What cuties! But we want to see the new little one! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete