Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When it rains it pours

Today started out as a wonderful day. We went down the the Draper Temple open house and it was absolutely beautiful. It was a nice and organized tour and I am glad I was able to take the girls to see it. It's open until the middle of March, so if you have a chance, I highly recommend visiting.

So after the visit, Toby now wants to move to Draper lol. Hmmm, maybe someday, maybe not? It is a beautiful city, with every retail store you could imagine and the houses around the temple are amazing!!! That's another reason to go on the tour--to see all of the huge houses up by the temple, too bad we'd never be able to afford one...

I have a lot of great memories from Draper. My grandpa Adamson grew up in Draper and when I was a little girl we often visited my great grandmother Stella in Draper. I also have loved hearing many great stories from my grandpa about his childhood in Draper. (He always has a great story to share.)

After the temple, we met up with our friends Andy and Gretchen and their 3 little boys at the Mayan restaurant and had a great time catching up with them.

So onto the woes of the day....

It was cold in our house when we got home. There is a thermometer on Jazilyn's baby monitor and it said 65 degrees!!!! So I turned up the furnace and it wouldn't turn on. I am really hoping it is an easy fix and we don't need a new furnace! I have a couple of space heaters that I use for the basement, so we'll be okay for now. But add the deep freezer that stopped working on Sunday and the "garage door incident" from a couple weeks back and I want to scream!!! If one more thing breaks in the house, so help me.....

3 comments:

  1. Try not to freeze! Hopefully it's not a major problem. The only pitfall of being a homeowner. I'm glad you guys got to go the temple open house. I bet it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I am so sorry. Not a fun thing to come home to. On another note, we had a lot of fun seeing you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am finally reading all your blog - WOW! How do you have time to write and post pix? You all are so busy! Thanks for doing it, so we can read about the cute girls! Rich's parents enjoyed it, too. We love you so much! Many fun adventures! Love the pictures, too. Keep sending them! Love ya tons!!

    ReplyDelete